A Tastebud Tour of Discovery
Calling all foodies! Brace yourselves for a five-hour gourmet adventure. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey through Auckland’s diverse and vibrant landscape, and historic inner city suburbs. From coffee and French pastries to hand-made chocolates, fine imported foods, and local artisan cheeses, you’ll be spoilt for choice. And a free Goodies Bag of treats per person. Enjoy SEVEN unique foodie experiences.
Explore hidden gems spread across Central Auckland’s network of foodie villages, to visit small boutique family-owned food outlets.
- A short trip to the seaside suburb of Pt. Chevalier. Visit a charming Café for coffee / tea and and choose a superb cafe treat. Excellent service and food.
- Then travel to discover hand-made chocolates, gateaux and French pastries. French chefs create Award-Winning sweets and pastries. Choose four exquisite hand-made chocolates (one box per person) to taste or take home (my treat).
- Browse exclusive Sabato Fine Foods and explore kitchenware and fine foods. Imported and local relishes and sauces, Cheeses, Balsamic Vinegars, Olive oils, Olives, capers, cookies, sweets and chocolate and more.
- Discover ‘Little India’ – Auckland’s spice central. Curry houses, spice shops, cafes. Savour a spicy pastry treat.
- Next, travel 30 minutes northwest to Kumeu wine region in rolling green rural west Auckland. And visit a picturesque Croatian family winery for a Gourmet selection of fine NZ cheeses to accompany a personalised wine tasting. (including their famous Tawny Port).
- Enjoy a superb Lunch, with a glass of wine or beer or soda at renowned Soljans Vineyard Bistro. Tea/coffee to finish.
- Finally – visit a renowned Rural Grocery Store for fresh fruit & vegetables and fine foods and let Phil treat you to a scrumptious ice cream cone.
- Plus everyone gets a Goodies Bag of real NZ treats and goodies, to enjoy at your leisure.
- Free pickup and return to one Central Auckland address is included.
- PLEASE NOTE: This tour is not suitable for vegans, or anyone with food allergies or other dietary intolerances.
- ARE YOU A CRUISE SHIP CLIENT DOCKED FOR THE DAY? NO WORRIES! JUST MEET ME AT THE SKY CITY HOTEL LOBBY NEAR THE ICONIC SKY TOWER IN CENTRAL AUCKLAND, A SHORT 10-MINUTE CAB RIDE FROM THE CRUISE DOCK. AND GUESS WHAT? I WILL DROP YOU BACK AT YOUR SHIP AT THE CONCLUSION OF YOUR TOUR.
Tour Pricing per person
- Minimum of two people.
- $NZD 347 per person= $USD 210 approx.
- PRIVATE TOUR exclusively for your group – add $NZD 150 per person ($USD 90 approx.)
5 Hour Tour2-6 People
7 foodie experiences
Lunch with wine/beer included
Free Goodies Bag
Sarah, Bundaberg Australia
TripAdvisor review - 5 Stars