All food and wine tours are personally guided by Phil Parker
I’m Phil Parker – a fourth generation New Zealander who has lived in NZ’s best City – Auckland, for 45 years.
My great-grandparents came all the way from Ireland, England and Denmark in the 1860s attracted by NZ’s gold rush and the chance of a new life.
Now I am married to the lovely Mia and have a 21-year-old step-daughter. And our new puppy – Mr. Merlot.
I ran my own solo physiotherapy practice for 22 years, but decided to make a lifestyle choice and do something less demanding. I fell in love with wine and launched my own Auckland wine tour company in September 2000. Since then I have done further study and achieved a Pass With Merit in the international WSET level 2 Certificate in Wines and Spirits.
I combine my freelance journalism hobby with wine and have been a wine writer for 20 years. In 2008 Random House published my first wine region guide to New Zealand, and I regularly attend industry tastings as a wine writer and enthusiast. (Hey, someone has to do it!) I also enjoy cartooning and oil painting in my spare time.
I have the best job in the World – exploring the never ending subject of wine and meeting fantastic people from all over the globe.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Make an online booking now
What Makes Auckland Fine Wine & Food Tours Different?
I’m passionate about wine in general – and New Zealand wine in particular. And there is nothing I enjoy more than meeting other wine fans and sharing that joy of discovery. Plus, I like to be a good host and do things with a sense of style and attention to detail. From having mineral water for each guest, to providing a complimentary restaurant guide, and many other refinements. My aim is to make your wine tour as stress-free, relaxed and enjoyable as possible. I am also a NZ Certified Passenger Vehicle Driver and carry $NZD 10,000,000 Public Indemnity Insurance cover.
Join my Fine Wine & Food Tours on a relaxing, luxurious, wine-tasting adventure to some of New Zealand’s prestige wineries. Fine Wine Tours is the specialist Auckland wine tour company for small, personal, guided winery tours, in Auckland New Zealand.”
“An Auckland Fine Wine Tour isn’t just for the serious wine enthusiast. It’s for anyone who’s keen to enjoy our world-famous wines, share our beautiful scenery – and have fun!”
Click for over 600 TripAdvisor reviews of my Fine Wine and Food Tours in Auckland Central
New Zealand’s temperate climate is ideal for producing world-famous wines – like our zingy Sauvignon Blancs and buttery Chardonnays. Red grapes such as Pinot Noir and Merlot have also exceeded expectation, winning more medals with these fruit-led, silky soft wines.
Close to Central Auckland, the rolling, green countryside of West Auckland’s Kumeu wine region, North Auckland’s Matakana, and Auckland’s Waiheke Island wine region boasts dozens of wineries. In addition to their own premium grapes, many of these Auckland wineries source the best grapes from outside the region – Gisborne, Hawkes Bay, and even the South Island’s famous Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc region. This means you will be able to taste a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, a Gisborne Chardonnay or a Hawkes Bay Merlot – all without leaving Auckland! I also offer specialty Shore Excursion Tours with Cruise ship pickup and return.
Tour Operation General Information:
- Auckland Fine Wine Tours Ltd holds a Transport Services Licence and Phil is a Certified Passenger Vehicle Driver.
- No smoking in the coach, please. Legal drinking age applies to wine tasting.
- The Auckland Wine Tours are designed for adults, but we are prepared to quote on reduced prices (up to 50%) for children of our guests.
- Auckland Fine Wine Tours reserves the right to alter some tour details and pricing, if necessary.
- Loss or damage of items through theft or negligence is not the responsibility of Auckland Fine Wine Tours.
- Phil Parker’s Auckland Wine Tours are the natural choice for personal and private Waiheke Island Auckland wine tours, Matakana Auckland wine tours and Kumeu Auckland Wine tours. Also Auckland group wine tours , plus Auckland ‘foodie’ – Auckland food and wine – tours.
Nine reasons to choose Fine Wine Tours Auckland
- With his network of contacts among Auckland winemaker’s, tour host Phil Parker is the ideal guide for your vineyard adventures.
- Nothing complements fine New Zealand wine better than delicious, fresh local produce. Our wine and food tour gives you the chance to sample:
- We think the best people to comment on our tours are our guests:
- We think our Auckland wine and food tour packages are among the best. The nice thing is that the experts agree:
- Auckland wine writer Phil Parker brings a wealth of expertise to Auckland Fine Wine Tours.
- Join Fine Wine Tours Auckland on a relaxing, scenic and informative Auckland wine tasting tour package to prestige wineries.
- Auckland Fine Wine Tours have a simple philosophy – the most enjoyable wine tour possible.
- The great thing about taking a wine tour in Auckland, New Zealand is that the climate lets you taste and enjoy wine all year round.
- A wine tour in Auckland is a fine way to get a taste of the stunning New Zealand landscape, as well as our world-beating wines.