INSIDE AUCKLAND CITY – COAST & COUNTRY
$USD 229.00 per person = $NZD 330.00 approx.
Children 50% DISCOUNT (up to 15 years old)
9.30 am – 4.00 pm approx. Start with a visit to historic Mt. Eden extinct volcanic cone for 360 degree views of Auckland. Drive with Phil to discover Auckland’s best kept sight-seeing spots. Then journey 20 minutes to rural West Auckland for wine tasting and more stunning sights.
Includes Soljans award-winning Restaurant Lunch, with complimentary glass of wine/beer plus tea/coffee. Includes ‘black sand’ beach. And finally Boric Orchards Market for fine food browsing and ice cream (my treat!).
- 9.30 am pickup from your accommodation or cruise dock.
ITINERARY – DEPENDING ON SEASON AND WEATHER CONDITIONS …
- Mount Eden – Site of 15,000 year old volcanic cone – highest natural land point in Auckland City. 640 feet high.
- Takapuna – drive over Auckland Harbour Bridge to visit the thriving North Shore and Takapuna beach. Enjoy spectacular harbor views. Takapuna Beach Café – pause for refreshments – tea / coffee / soda / fruit smoothie and pastry / muffin. My treat!
- Return via trendy hipster Ponsonby, then ‘K Road’ – former Red Light district of Auckland, still home to gay bars, strip clubs, nightclubs and drag queen restaurants.
- Drive around Auckland’s stunning waterfront and wealthy suburbs. Enjoy City Harbor views from the Tamaki Yacht Club. Mission Bay – popular restaurant and café strip and swimming beach in summer
- Pause at The Michael Savage memorial. View an extensive gardens and reflecting pool.
- View the Parnell Rose Gardens. And drive through Parnell, suburb of NZ’s former Prime Minister. Parnell Road – Auckland’s oldest suburb est. 1841
- Auckland Winter Gardens – tropical plants and fernery
- Drive down trendy upmarket Parnell Road – view Trinity Cathedral
- Then travel 25 minutes northwest to historic Kumeu wine region.
- 1.00 pm approx. Stop for lunch at local award-winning Soljans Vineyard Restaurant – fresh local food Optional Free wine tasting
- Drive through rolling green rural countryside to view spectacular Muriwai ‘black sand’ beach as it borders the wild Tasman Sea.
- Extra local Kumeu wine tasting visit if desired – no charge
- Finally, Boric Food Market (established 1942) local fresh produce and imported fine foods plus ice cream tasting . My treat!
- 4.00 pm approx return.
ALL-INCLUSIVE. One fee covers the whole tour, including tasting fees, morning drink & snack, lunch with wine/beer also tea/coffee, plus ice cream!