( Tuesday to Sunday )
$NZ 289.00 per person ($USD 213.00 approx) 10.0 am - 3.30 pm approx.
Magical Matakana - boutique north Auckland wine region specialising in Cheese, Chocolate and full-bodied reds such as Sangiovese, Dolcetto, Malbec and Syrah. Also Pinot Gris, Viognier, Chardonnay and Flora.
Take the scenic Pacific Coast to journey north over the Harbour Bridge to historic Puhoi village - settled in the 1860s by immigrants from the Czech republic. Stunning Pacific Coast scenery. And visit historic Puhoi's Cheesery for cheese sampling and pause for tea/coffee/soda.
Then three renowned vineyard tasting visits plus Award-winning restaurant lunch - and to finish ... famous NZ boutique Chocolatier visit.
Your tour includes Three winery tasting visits, lunch at an award-winning Restaurant (with wine/beer plus tea/coffee). And a finally visit Warkworth's famous Chocolate Brown boutique to sample and browse premium hand-made chocolates and fudges.
Matakana’s sunny north-facing hillsides produce ripe red wines from varieties such as Syrah, Sangiovese, Montepulciano and Pinotage. The white grapes Chardonnay, Viognier and Pinot Gris are also doing extremely well.
"Phil Parker is the best guide for New Zealand wine and foodie culture. Low key, knowledgeable, well-paced tours in a comfortable van bouncing through the New Zealand wine country with Phil is about the best way we have discovered to enjoy New Zealand!"
TripAdvisor Review - Susan & Hugh, Fiji
- Drive over Auckland's Harbour Bridge to head north, with spectacular views of the City
- Scenic Pacific Coast drive to Historic Puhoi Village tosample cheeses & pause for tea / coffee / soda.
- Three winery tasting visits included – from: Omaha Bay Vineyard, Heron's Flight Winery, Ransom Winery, Runner Duck or Ascension Estate
- Enjoy a superb 'open menu' main course Vineyard Restaurant Lunch at Plume or Matakana Market Kitchen in rural Matakana, with glass of Wine, coffee etc.
- Chocolate Shop visit! Hand-made NZ premium chocolates from finest imported Belgian couverture at Warkworth's Chocolate Brown
- Complimentary mineral water and detailed itinerary
- No hidden costs or fees – NZ$289 covers the whole wine tour, notes, lunch with wine tea/coffee and tasting fees.