Red Wine Road Trip – Seasonal Special Tour
Travel north to explore Matakana wine region – Seven hours total approx. (Minimum 2 persons.)
Thursday to Sunday only. Great for Red Wine fans. Discover local Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet, Syrah, Sangiovese, Dolcetto, Montepulciano and more ! Matakana’s clay soils and warmer summer temperatures prooduce some of NZ’s finest full-bodied reds. Also some fantastic white wines such as Pinot Gris, Flora, Chardonnay and Viognier. Visit renowned vineyards such as Heron’s Flight, Runner Duck, Brick Bay and Omaha Bay.
Enjoy award-winning Plume Vineyard Restaurant lunch with complimentary glass of wine / beer & tea/coffee. Three winery visits plus stop for refreshments and cheese sampling, plus option of Honey Centre and Chocolate Boutique.
“Top Tour! Our host’s knowledge of the local wineries and vintages was impressive. Equally important, he clearly has cultivated a strong rapport with each winemaker. This could be seen on our trip by the freedom that we had in touring the cellars and production facilities and in the warm welcome and friendly service we received from the winery staff. The choice of venues was astutely tailored to our food and wine preferences. Top marks!: TripAdvisor Review – T J McClelland, Goshen NY USA
- Three winery tastings plus a few surprises!
- Stunning Pacific East Coast views
- Vineyard Restaurant Main Course lunch with glass of wine, plus tea/coffee
- Complimentary info pack and mineral water
- No hidden costs or fees – ONE FEE covers the whole tour: transport, notes, lunch and winery tasting fees.
- Pause to share refreshments and Cheese sampling on the journey North.
- Options of Honey Centre sampling and Chocolate Boutique