'The Waiheke of North Auckland'
( Wednesday to Sunday )
$NZ 299.00 per person ($USD 215.00 approx) 9.30 am - 3.30 pm approx.
Private tour rate $NZ399.00 per person.
Journey north over the Harbour Bridge to Matakana boutique wine region 'The Waiheke of north Auckland' - to visit four family wineries and sample award-winning wines. Enjoy stunning Pacific coast scenery on the 30 minute trip to Puhoi and pause for a coffee, tea or soda at historic Puhoi's village - settled in the 1860s by immigrants from the Czech republic.
Then 20 minutes travel to Matakana region for wine tasting. Also stop for lunch at an award-winning Vineyard Restaurant and a finally visit Warkworth's famous chocolate boutique.
Matakana’s sunny north-facing hillsides produce ripe red wines from varieties such as Syrah, Sangiovese, Montepulciano and Pinotage. The white grapes Chardonnay, Viognier and Pinot Gris are also doing extremely well.
"Phil Parker is the best guide for New Zealand wine and foodie culture. Low key, knowledgeable, well-paced tours in a comfortable van bouncing through the New Zealand wine country with Phil is about the best way we have discovered to enjoy New Zealand!"
TripAdvisor Review - Susan & Hugh, Fiji
- Drive over Auckland's Harbour Bridge to head north, with spectacular views of the City
- After that, a scenic Pacific Coast drive to Historic Puhoi Village for tea/coffee/cold drink
- 4 winery tastings included – from: Omaha Bay Vineyard, Heron's Flight Winery, Ransom Winery, Runner Duck or Ascension Estate
- Enjoy a superb 'open menu' two course Vineyard Restaurant Lunch at Plume Restaurant in rural Matakana, with glass of Wine, coffee etc.
- Chocolate Shop visit! Hand-made NZ premium chocolates from finest imported Belgian couverture at Warkworth's Chocolate Brown
- Complimentary mineral water and detailed itinerary
No hidden costs or fees – NZ$299 covers the whole wine tour, notes, lunch and tasting fees.