( Wednesday to Sunday )
$NZ 289.00 per person ($USD 203.00 approx) 10.0 am - 3.30 pm approx.
Stunning Pacific Coast scenery. Visit historic Puhoi Village and pause for tea/coffee/soda. Three renowned vineyard tasting visits plus Award-winning Vineyard restaurant lunch - and to finish ... famous NZ boutique Chocolatier visit.Take the scenic Pacific Coast to journey north over the Harbour Bridge to historic Puhoi village - settled in the 1860s by immigrants from the Czech republic.
Includes Three winery tasting visits, two-course lunch at an award-winning Vineyard Restaurant (with wine/beer plus tea/coffee). And a finally visit Warkworth's famous Chocolate Brown boutique to sample and browse premium hand-made chocolates and fudges.
Matakana’s sunny north-facing hillsides produce ripe red wines from varieties such as Syrah, Sangiovese, Montepulciano and Pinotage. The white grapes Chardonnay, Viognier and Pinot Gris are also doing extremely well.
"Phil Parker is the best guide for New Zealand wine and foodie culture. Low key, knowledgeable, well-paced tours in a comfortable van bouncing through the New Zealand wine country with Phil is about the best way we have discovered to enjoy New Zealand!"
TripAdvisor Review - Susan & Hugh, Fiji
- Drive over Auckland's Harbour Bridge to head north, with spectacular views of the City
- After that, a scenic Pacific Coast drive to Historic Puhoi Village to pause for tea / coffee / soda.
- Three winery tastings included – from: Omaha Bay Vineyard, Heron's Flight Winery, Ransom Winery, Runner Duck or Ascension Estate
- Enjoy a superb 'open menu' two-course Vineyard Restaurant Lunch at Plume Restaurant in rural Matakana, with glass of Wine, coffee etc.
- Chocolate Shop visit! Hand-made NZ premium chocolates from finest imported Belgian couverture at Warkworth's Chocolate Brown
- Complimentary mineral water and detailed itinerary
- No hidden costs or fees – NZ$289 covers the whole wine tour, notes, lunch with wine tea/coffee and tasting fees.